Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Best Subwoofer Brand

This is a sweet little stereo amp based on T-amp chip technology. It is clean and powerful for its size. It comes with a wall wart power supply, but could also be battery powered if one desired. There are input connections in stereo RCA jacks and a 1/8 inch (3.5mm) stereo plug for mp3 players, CD players, video players, etc.

There is an actual power switch instead of a pot-based switch as on similar models previously offered by Sonic. There are also Bass and Treble controls, which can be quite handy in tailoring the sound a bit to the speakers and space.

I am using these for small PA applications and for desktop computer sound. I have plans to create a small guitar amp setup as well. I have used 6 of these in my "day job" and was so impressed I started buying them for home.

I have driven spot monitors like Carvin PM5-Bs and even JBL 10 inch 3-way studio monitors with these and similar amps, and they work very well, especially for small areas. One of these and a pair of Carvin monitors make for some pretty great desktop computer sound. (Until your cubicle neighbors complain, anyway.)

I haven't done any actual power measurements, but they are claimed to put out 20-25 watts per channel into 4 ohms, and my ears agree that those figures are probably accurate. I have only run them at 8 ohms, and have been pleased with the sound. I currently use one of these and JBL 10 inch 3-way studio monitors to provide computer sound for a 42 person classroom, and the sound is pretty amazing for a $20 dollar amp.

If you are looking for a small power amp that is light weight, takes up very little space, and sounds really good, look no further. Give these a try, I think you'll be impressed, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment